National Education News:
Funding & Foundations:
Legislation & Special Interests:
Community & Parents:
Teachers & Higher Education:
Student Teacher Resources:
- AdmissionsAdvice.com, Tips, reviews, links and a blog from a college counselor.
- CollegeConfidential.com, Advice and reviews.
- College Board, Advice on finding a college, applications and financial aid.
- College Bound
- National Association for College Admissions Counseling, Student resources.
- Common college application , Used by about 300 schools
- Institute for International Education
- Institute for the International Education of Students
- Trends in college prices and aid, From the College Board.
- State by state "report card'', From the National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education.
- College graduation rates, From the Education Trust
- The American Freshman, Annual survey by UCLA.
- The State of College Admission , Annual survey by NACA.
- Community College Research Center
- The Center for Studies in Higher Education
- Federal Education Department, Portal for Information on student loans and aid.
- Online Tutorial , From Kiplinger, a financial advice magazine.
- The Government's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Most students interested in financial aid for college will need to complete this.
- College Board's Aid Calculator For comparing financial aid offers
Center for Learning Disabilities--Overland Park, KS
The Federation for Children with Special Needs--Boston, MA
Special Kids Fund -- conducts fundraising projects to benefit organizations serving special needs and at-risk youth
The International Dyslexia Association (formerly known as the Orton Dyslexia Society).
Parents Helping Parents--the Santa Clara, CA, Family Resource Center
Articles of Special Interest:
- “A Nation at Risk: The Imperative for Educational Reform” , The 1983 white paper that triggered the standards movement, written by the National Commission on Excellence in Education.
- “Answers in the Tool Box: Academic Intensity, Attendance Patterns, and Bachelor's Degree Completion” A 1999 U.S. Department of Education study that describes and assesses the high school curriculum, based on a study of student transcripts.
- Racial segregation in schools and inequities in the quality of public education, Analysis from the Civil Rights Project at Harvard University.
- “Growing By Degrees: Online Education in the United States, 2005”
- “The American Freshman” Annual survey of entering freshmen at nearly 400 four-year colleges and universities.
- “A Matter of Degrees: Improving Graduation Rates in Four-Year Colleges and Universities” (2004) The Education Trust’s analysis of graduation rates at four-year colleges and universities.
- “The Expectations Gap: A 50-State Review of High School Graduation Requirements” (2004)
- “The State of College Admission”
The National Association for College Admission Counseling’s annual report
- “Federal Student Loan Debt: 1993 to 2004” Issue brief from the American Council on Education.
- “Cracks in the Education Pipeline: A Business Leader’s Guide to Higher Education Reform” (2005) By the Committee on Economic Development, a business group with longstanding focus on education issues.
- “Pathways to College Access and Success” (2005), Case studies of alternate paths through high school, by the U.S. Department of Education.
*** These websites are the sole responsibility of the organizations advertised and are in no way affiliated with the New York State Council for Exceptional Children (
NYSCEC). The views and opinions expressed on any linked website are those of the organizations and/or the persons writing on the site and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The New York State Council for Exceptional Children - NYSCEC.